Cornwall Ladies County Golf Association
Inter-Club handicap match play competition. Full difference between the handicaps of the players to be given. Shields will be awarded to the winners of each Division
League re-organised into 4 divisions. With fewer matches to play, all matches to be played by 30th September. No extensions permitted.
At the end of the season, on or before 15th October, the winners of each division will compete in a knock-out competition held on Finals Day for a Club Handicap Trophy. The competition will consist of three 18-hole matches. Normal League rules and conditions will apply. The two morning matches will be drawn and announced at the Jubilee Scramble, and the winners will proceed to a final that afternoon. Clubs may bring reserves to cover the need for two matches in one day, but all players must have played in at least two League Matches during that season. The winners will receive the trophy, donated by Killiow GC, in a post-final presentation.
Conditions of Play
- Handicap allowance 30 (players with higher handicap must play off 30)
- Team to consist of 7 players
- A minimum of 2 players with handicaps of 21 and above must be fielded by each team in each Division
- A minimum of :-
4 players with handicaps of 20 or below must be fielded by each team in Division 1;
3 Platers by each team in Division 2;
2 players by each team in Division 3,
2 players by each team in Division 4.
In the event that a Club is unable to field the requisite number of players with handicaps of 20 or below, players with higher handicaps may be substituted but they must play off a handicap of 20
- If a team does not fulfil the handicap requirements (i) the match with the incorrect handicap shall be awarded to her opponent (ii) if both teams have offended the match shall be declared null and void and must be replayed.
- Matches to be played home and away each season; each match in playing handicap order.
- Match sheets must be exchanged no later than 10 minutes before the match start time. There can be no substitutions once match sheets have been exchanged
- After the match, the match sheet must be completed with the scores of each individual match and returned by the winning Captain to the Results Secretary.
- Points awarded: 3 for away win: 2 for home win: 1½ for away draw: 1 for home draw
- Ties on points will be decided on individual matches won
- Top 2 teams in Divisions 2, 3 and 4 will be promoted and bottom 2 teams in Divisions 1, 2 and 3 relegated
- All matches to be completed by 30th September. If a club finds on, or shortly before, the agreed date that they cannot field a full team, they must continue with a reduced team and concede the un-played matches. If fewer than four players are available, they may concede the entire match. In these circumstances every effort should be made to rearrange the fixture but if that proves impossible (for whatever reason) before 30th September, the concession stands and the points will be awarded accordingly.
- All matches to be played to a finish unless the overall result has already been decided and the Captains agree exceptionally (for example in poor light or adverse weather) that unfinished matches should be curtailed. The results of such unfinished matches to be based on the situation at the point where they were curtailed.
- If play is suspended for any reason other than a dangerous situation e.g. flooding, players may discontinue play immediately or continue play of the hole provided they do so without delay (Rules of Golf 6-8b). If play is suspended because of lightning or other dangerous situation, play must be discontinued immediately. If a player fails to do so, she is disqualified. Play must be resumed from where it was discontinued (Rule 6-8d).
- In the event that the Captains agree that play cannot be commenced on the day of the match or, if suspended, resumed or completed on that day, the match will be deemed to be abandoned. Every effort should be made to rearrange the match by 30th September, and clubs should plan their match programme to allow some time for rearranged matches. If the Clubs are still unable to re-arrange the match then it will remain abandoned and no points will be awarded to either side.
- No more than two temporary greens
- Players shall walk at all times unless prior permission for use of a buggy has been sought from the Committee which will only be granted on presentation of a certificate (see Appendix) signed by the player’s Club Secretary and Lady Captain
- Competitors may not engage a professional or assistant professional as a caddie (Rules of Golf 6-4 and Rule 33-1)
- Only Competition Handicaps will be acceptable
- Handicap Certificates must be no more than 2 months old
- Distance Measuring Devices will be permitted
- Next >>