Page 1 of 2
Cornwall Ladies County Golf Association
Inter-Club scratch match play competition, the draw to take place at the AGM.
Conditions of Play
- All Clubs wishing to participate, must indicate in writing to the Hon Secretary before 31st October each year
- Each team to consist of 7 players.
- Matches to be played on neutral greens arranged by the Hon Secretary or Competition Secretary, between May and October.
- Matches to be played in playing handicap order, lowest first. Where there is more than one team member with the same playing handicap, the Captain to choose the order in which they go out.
- If play is suspended for any reason other than a dangerous situation e.g. flooding, players may discontinue play immediately or continue play of the hole provided they do so without delay (Rules of Golf 6-8b). If play is suspended because of lightning or other dangerous situation, play must be discontinued immediately. If a player fails to do so, she is disqualified. Play must be resumed from where it was discontinued (Rule 6-8d). In the event that play cannot be resumed or completed on the day of the match, the match will be deemed to be abandoned and will be replayed in its entirety on a future date arranged by the Honorary Secretary.
- Match Sheets, which will be sent with start times, must be exchanged no later than ten minutes before the match start time when all team members must be present. These should be returned with the result to Hon Secretary or Competition Secretary (whichever is the organiser).
- All matches to be played to a finish: a half at the 18th would be acceptable if the overall result has been decided
- Final to be played at Trevose unless that Club is one of the finalists
- Memento to be given to winning team and to runner up
- Players shall walk at all times unless prior permission for use of a buggy has been sought from the Committee which will only be granted on presentation of a certificate (see Appendix) signed by the player’s Club Secretary and Lady Captain
- Competitors may not engage a professional or assistant professional as a caddie (Rules of Golf 6-4 and Rule 33-1)
- Only Competition Handicaps will be acceptable.
- Handicap Certificates must be no more than 2 months old.
- Distance Measuring Devices will be permitted
- Next >>